Riverside Shore Rehabilitation Center is the perfect combination of trusted, experienced care and active, engaging lifestyles. The friendly, experienced staff at Riverside Shore Rehabilitation Center is committed to maintaining one's independence, dignity and quality of life. Four levels of care are offered: short stay respite care, post-acute rehabilitation, residential long-term care and hospice and palliative care.
All residents enjoy:
- Care overseen by a physician and physician assistant and provided by registered nurses, licensed therapists, physical, occupational and speech therapists and other dedicated professionals.
- Physical therapy in a personalized, friendly and comfortable environment.
- Memory support services to provide those suffering from the effects of Alzheimer's disease or related memory disorders including appropriate recreational therapy activities and other special programming.
- Registered nurse specialized wound care training, resulting in the facility recognized as a wound care center of excellence.
- Fine dining featuring home cooked meals made from scratch.
- Beauty parlor and barber shop.
- Courtyard with garden.
- Independent and group activities such as exercise, celebrations, music, reading, morning coffee club, resident trips, balloon tennis, hoops basketball, horseshoes and Wii bowling as well as religious services.
Hospice and Palliative care
For those with a life-limiting illness, Riverside Shore Hospice provides inpatient, respite and hospice care with registered nurse coverage available 24/7.
Short stay respite care
Patients receive personal and medical care while caregivers are out of town.
We provide a safe and speedy recovery from a variety of health problems. Our goal is to return patients to their everyday living environment in good health and with increased independent function. Our renovated therapy gym offers the latest in technology and equipment.
Rehabilitation services include:
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Wound care
- Post-surgical rehabilitation for hips, knees, shoulders as well as general surgery
- Infusion therapy
- Pain management
- Pulmonary care
- Physical agent modalities including pulsed shortwave diathermy electrical stimulation and ultrasound
Residential long-term care
We provide personal and medical care when one is not able to be cared for in the home environment.
This innovative day program offers counseling and therapeutic activities for older adults coping with the changes and challenges that can accompany aging. Losing a loved one, declining physical health and having to depend more on others can all lead to irritability, sadness and depression.
Our team of caring professionals is committed to helping people gain a healthier, happier outlook so they can begin to feel better. Available as little as one day a week or as often as five days a week, Senior Perspectives is tailored to the specific needs of each participant. Senior Perspectives is usually covered by Medicare and most private insurances and is located at 23379 Commerce Drive in Accomack. Transportation may be arranged from both Accomack and Northampton counties.
Riverside Shore Rehabilitation Center
Senior Perspectives, a department of Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital