Details to help you know what to expect on Move Day:
- Riverside will hold two exercises in the month before the move date.
- Monday, Feb. 20 will be the last day for elective inpatient and outpatient OR procedures or interventional procedures.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21 will be the last day for scheduled obstetric procedures.
- The Cancer Center will move on Thursday, Feb. 23. ″Specialty physicians will move on Friday, Feb. 24. ″The ED and Labor & Delivery unit in Nassawadox will be closed to new admissions at 7 a.m. Saturday, Feb 25. The ED, OR and L&D at the new hospital will open at 7 a.m. the same day.
- Transitioning inpatients from the current hospital to the new hospital will begin at 8 a.m. Mother/Baby will move first, followed by the ICU and then Med/Surg.
- Emergent surgery, C-section and radiology will continue until the last inpatient is moved to the new hospital.
- There will be a designated Move Team for each patient. Move Team members will include nurses, transport personnel, respiratory therapists, EMS personnel and safety observers.
- Each Move Team will include a Riverside nurse who will accompany the patient in the ambulance and be responsible for the patient's care. The Riverside nurse will also be responsible for the patient chart during the transport.
- Volunteers will greet and escort families and visitors to a hospitality area at the new hospital. When patients have been settled in their new rooms, the volunteers will escort family members to the patient room. Volunteers will be identifiable by their blue shirts.