Riverside Sports Medicine understands how important prevention and wellness are to a successful sports team's season and are dedicated to helping keep your entire team competitive. That means keeping you in the game through active injury prevention programming and helping you return to play as quickly -and as safely -as possible post injury.
We partner with local colleges and high schools to offer team physicians and athletic training services, allowing us to practice medicine on your sidelines, when you need us most.
Our team approach to treating injuries includes comprehensive services led by a team of medical professionals -many of them athletes on their own fields -that ranges from Athletic Trainers to Sports Medicine-trained Physicians and Orthopedic Surgeons.
The team specifically includes:
- Fellowship-trained Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician
- Athletic Trainers
- Orthopedic-trained Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapists with a sport specialist certification
In our partnership programs with high school and college sports teams, Riverside Sports Medicine features the following services:
Comprehensive pre-participation physical exams to assess for not only orthopedic concerns, but cardiac issues and blood disorders such as sickle cell anemia
- Functional movement screenings
- Form analysis (running, pitching, throwing, golf swing)
- Injury and illness prevention education
- Exercise prescription
- Strength and conditioning recommendations
- Training recommendations to improve performance and reduce injuries
- C oncussion Prevention & Care
- Baseline and post-injury concussion screenings and evaluations
- Balance and vestibular training for post-concussion patients
- Overall Health Care
- Chronic and acute illness management-Sports Nutrition
- Counseling on usage of supplements and ergogenic aids
- Sports Psychology
- S pecial needs of the female athlete
- Sports-focused physical therapy
When non-surgical treatments aren't the solution, our orthopedic surgeons are experts in state of the art arthroscopic and cutting edge orthopedic surgery backed by the best available medical research.
Interested in getting your team support - call us at 757-534-6767!