Hampton Roads Eye Associates provides services in the following fields of diagnostics and treatment:
- Small incision cataract surgery, including no stitch surgery
- Multifocal intraocular lens implants (ReSTOR, Crystalens, ReZoom)
- Anterior and posterior segment laser surgery
- Refractive surgery including LASIK, PRK, IntraLase, Refractive Lensectomy, Conductive Keratoplasty and Implantable Collamer Lens
- Specialization in corneal transplants, corneal and external ocular disease
- Computerized corneal topography mapping
- Specialized treatment for glaucoma, including laser and surgical
- Computerized and manual visual field evaluation
- Comprehensive low vision services
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Muscle surgery for children and adults
- Retinal disorders including macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy
- Computerized diagnostic ultrasound "B"-scan
- Fluorescein angiography and retinal photography
- Emergency and occupational injuries
- Complete contact lens fittings: disposable, bifocal, tinted, toric, extended wear
- Special studies - optical coherence tomography, nerve fiber layer polarimetry
- Optical shops - Latest technology in lens materials, progressive lens design and a wide selection of fashion and budget frames to fit every lifestyle
Want to prevent or slow vision loss? According to many eye care professionals, the best way to accomplish this is with early detection through regular eye exams.
Even though your vision may be clear, exams can uncover changes in the eye caused by high blood pressure, diabetes, eye tumors, retinal disorders and glaucoma. Some of these have no symptoms in the early stages. Eye exams can also lead to the earliest detection of other serious health problems, including diabetes or hypertension.
Also, children should have their first eye exam before entering kindergarten.
Schedule your eye exam today!