Designed and built with a focus on patient-centered care, Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg is the pinnacle of Riverside's commitment to the residents of the Williamsburg region. Set on over 25 beautiful acres, Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg offers state-of-the-art care, comfort and convenience.
The official name of this resource for the Williamsburg community is Riverside Doctors' Hospital. But it's really your hospital. Because from concept to completion, the hospital is designed to offer state-of-the-art care, comfort, convenience and more healthcare choices for you and your family, plus an awareness and sensitivity to the environment as well as this region's unique history.
The groundbreaking for the new hospital took place on July 12, 2011 and the hospital officially opened in May 2013. Doctors' Hospital is the crowning achievement in Riverside's commitment to serving Williamsburg and surrounding areas.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg is a two-story, approximately 100,000 square foot facility.
- The facility sits on a beautifully landscaped campus at the intersection of Route 199 and Route 60. The campus is over 25 acres and is a component of the 380+ acre multi-use development named Quarterpath.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital opened in May 2013 and is licensed for 40 private rooms - 33 medical/surgical rooms and seven intensive care rooms.
- The full-service emergency department has 12 private patient rooms.
- Surgical services features two operating rooms, in addition to the two ORs already located at Riverside Doctors' Surgery Center, and eight private patient preparation and recovery rooms dedicated to patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- The ground floor of the new hospital features a lobby/public area; café; meditation room; community education/conference space; emergency department; cardio/pulmonary services; and outpatient diagnostic services that include laboratory and imaging (X-ray). The second floor includes inpatient and outpatient surgery; medical/surgical patient rooms; intensive care unit; pharmacy;and a lifelong health center which will focus on simplifying the transition from inpatient acute care to other settings outside the hospital.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital is designated as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital has received NICHE Exemplar Status - A Commitment to highest quality care of older adults.
- Final beam goes into place
- Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg is Approved!
- VA Department of Health decision (PDF)
- Doctors' Hospital okayed
- Riverside wins approval to build Williamsburg-area hospital
- Riverside makes another run
- Another try for new hospital
- Riverside Submits New Application For State Approval To Build Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg
- State Health Commissioner Shuts Down Eastern Virginia Health Systems Agency
- Riverside Declares EVHSA not in Compliance;Asks Circuit Court to Halt Action
- Riverside Will Re-Submit Applications For Doctors' Hospital COPNs
- Riverside, Sentara debate proposed project
- Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg Proposed For Quarterpath Site In Williamsburg
- Riverside launches Doctors' Hospital
- Riverside to buy 350 acres from Colonial Williamsburg