February has more than just Valentine's Day...
We're celebrating American Heart Month throughout February by providing health screenings, information, tools and tips to help everyone live heart-healthy lives. Don't miss these screenings and talks by our cardiologists on subjects that are close to your heart. Then, take a heart health quiz or use the heart disease risk calculator in our Mayo Clinic Health Library.
Heart Month Events
"Go Red" for Heart Month - Friday, February 5
- Show your support for increasing Heart Disease awareness by wearing red Friday
Leg Alert Screening for Your Heart (Free screening for PAD--Peripheral Arterial Disease)
Peripheral artery disease, also known as PAD, could be an indicator of a life-threatening heart condition. PAD develops when blocked vessels reduce blood flow to the arms and legs. Riverside is offering fast, free screenings during February.
- Learn more about PAD screenings
"The Doctor Is In" - Williamsburg - Wednesday, February 24 at 6:30 p.m.
The popular free lecture series continues with a focus on heart health.
- "Heart Disease: A Need for Increased Awareness," Dr. Adinaro
"Heart to Heart" Day on the Eastern Shore - February 29
- 8 - 10:15 a.m. : PAD screenings
- 10:30 - 11 a.m. : Presentation by Dr. Jones
- 11 - 11:30 a.m.: John Peterman, Riverside Shore Hospital Administrator, will talk about the new hospital (including the new "heart wing")
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Enjoy Lunch
- 12:30 - 1 p.m.: Jennifer Barnes talks about home health and hospice
The cost is $10. Tickets sold at Shore Cardiac &Pulmonary Rehab (location below), in Onley at the YMCA (Riverside area) and in Little Italy.Shore Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab 9507 Hospital Ave. Nassawadox, VA 23413-0017 Office 757-414-8320