Third operating room, MRI suite and additional facility space being added
Williamsburg, Va. – A ceremonial beam-raising on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 marked a milestone in construction underway at Riverside Doctors’ Hospital Williamsburg. The hospital is adding a third operating room, new diagnostic space for its relocated MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) full-body scanner as well as additional square footage for storage and other needs. Completion of the project is scheduled for the first quarter of 2019. The official ceremony included local dignitaries, Riverside executives and team members, as well as people from the volunteer corps and media.
“This much-needed, two-story addition to Doctors’ Hospital allows us to continue to fulfill our mission, which is to care for others as we would care for those we love,” said Adria Vanhoozier, Vice President/Administrator at Riverside Doctors’ Hospital Williamsburg. “The need for additional operating space was vital as we continue to invest and grow our specialty care providers and services for the community. Moving the MRI from our Kings Way facility to the hospital translates into more seamless, onsite care for our patients. The growth and expansion of these two services demonstrates Riverside Doctors’ Hospital’s commitment to invest, grow and serve the greater Williamsburg community.”
Riverside Doctors’ Hospital Williamsburg just celebrated its 5th anniversary, and over the last five years, the hospital and its Williamsburg-based services have:
- Treated more than 16,000 brought to the hospital by EMS
- Cared for more than 69,000 who came to the hospital on their own
- Discharged more than 7,500 patients (overnight stays)
- Treated more than 165,000 patients at our primary care practices*
- Attended to more than 455,000 patients at our specialty practices*
- Seen more than 95,000 patients at our Hampton Roads Eye Associates practice*
- Performed more than 130,000 procedures (at the hospital, Doctors’ Surgery Center and diagnostics center)
*Number reflects data collected from January 2013- February 2017
For more information about Doctors’ Hospital and its services, please visit riversideonline.com/choose.
Published: August 7, 2018