Emergencies happen and when they do, we want to be the best part of someone's worst day. Our goal is to practice exceptional medicine in a caring, reassuring and efficient setting. When a patient arrives at the emergency department, a nurse will assess or "triage" the severity of his/her condition by evaluating their vital signs, medical complaints and information provided about past medical problems and allergies. The triage nurse's task is to ensure that patients with urgent medical conditions are promptly seen.
Circumstances may vary depending on the patient's condition, but generally, here is a list of what to bring, if possible, to an emergency department visit:
- List of all current medications including "over the counter" drugs, herbal remedies, and supplements
- List of dosages, when they are taken, and the last dose taken
- Primary care physician's name
- List of known allergies and medical reactions
- List of surgeries
- List of medical conditions
- Social security card
- Insurance card
Look on www.riversideonline.com for current ER wait times at RSMH. The time posted is the average wait time it takes to see a qualified healthcare professional and is updated every 10 minutes.
Emergency Services(757) 414-8777
In case of an emergency, call 911.