The New Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital
The Tradition of Care Continues
On October 22, 2013, we broke ground for the new Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital. It's a big part of our growing effort to expand and continuously improve healthcare resources in our region. And it's also part of our commitment to put patients and their families at the heart of everything we do.
The New Hospital
- 136,000 square feet (approximately)
- 52 private inpatient beds of which 10 are critical care
- Inpatient and same day surgery
- 3 operating rooms
- 24-hour emergency department
- Diagnostic center with fixed MRI
- Outpatient services
On the Campus
- 14,000 square foot cancer center with connection to the hospital for patient convenience
- 16,000 square foot medical office building
The New Shore Memorial Hospital - Main Entrance
The materials being considered for the proposed Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital are similar in nature to those used on previous Riverside projects and are sensitive to the architectural context of Virginia's Eastern Shore. Red brick or red cement board are being considered for the primary cladding of the new hospital, similar to other commercial and educational buildings in the area and in keeping with the architectural character of the Shore.
The New Location
The proposed location for the new hospital is immediately behind the Four Corners Plaza in Accomack County.
On the Eastern Shore, Riverside's services are anchored by Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital, Riverside Shore Rehabilitation Center and our Riverside Medical Group physician offices. Our services include:
- Emergency care
- Critical care
- Newborn care
- Cancer care
- Diagnostic imaging
- Family medicine and specialty physicians
- Long term care
- Physical therapy
- Home care.