Intravenous Pyelogram or CT Urogram
These studies can help your doctor find obstructions and other abnormalities in your urinary tract.
Symptoms That May Lead To This Test
- Bladder stones
- Blood in the urine
- Frequent urinary tract infections.
- Dye containing iodine is injected into a vein.
- Once the dye is filtered by the kidneys, it becomes waste and is passed through your urinary system.
- As this happens an X-rays or CT scans are taken of your urinary system including kidneys and bladder.
- The dye creates a contrast and shows your doctor any obstructions or abnormalities.