Enlarged Prostate Treatment
- Alpha-blockers: These drugs ease urination by relaxing select bladder muscles.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors: These drugs shrink the prostate gland.
Anticholinergics: These drugs are used to increase the bladder's capacity, inhibit involuntary contractions and delay the urge to urinate.
Enlarged prostate procedures
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
- Guide to Prostate Laser Surgery
- Interstitial laser therapy
- Guide to transurethral microwave therapy
- Guide to transurethral needle ablation
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Open prostatectomy