After Radiation Therapy
- Examine you and run tests to see how well the radiation therapy worked. Tests may include blood tests, x-rays, or CT, MRI or PET scans.
- Discuss any side effects and suggest ways to treat or reduce them.
- Check for other signs of cancer
- Look for late side effects
Talk with you about your treatment and care and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Pain that does not go away
- New lumps, bumps, swellings, rashes, bruises, or bleeding
- Appetite changes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation
- Weight loss that you cannot explain
- A fever, cough, or hoarseness that does not go away
- Any other symptoms that worry you