Once you have finished radiation therapy, it may take a few weeks or months after treatment for your energy to return. You will need to have follow-up checkups with your Riverside radiation team. During these checkups, your doctor or nurse will:
- Examine you and run tests to see how well the radiation therapy worked. Tests may include blood tests, x-rays, or CT, MRI or PET scans.
- Discuss any side effects and suggest ways to treat or reduce them.
- Check for other signs of cancer
- Look for late side effects
Talk with you about your treatment and care and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
These checkups with your Riverside team will continue for the rest of your life.
It's important to call your doctor or nurse, if you ever have:
- Pain that does not go away
- New lumps, bumps, swellings, rashes, bruises, or bleeding
- Appetite changes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation
- Weight loss that you cannot explain
- A fever, cough, or hoarseness that does not go away
- Any other symptoms that worry you