Welcome to Riverside Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early for your first appointment, so that we may get to know you and obtain important health information.
- If you need to change your appointment time, we appreciate notification at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled visit.
Do I need a referral?
If your insurance plan requires a referral for you to see us, you are responsible for obtaining a referral authorization from your primary care physician. If we have not received an authorization prior to your arrival at the office, your non-emergent appointment may need to be rescheduled.
What to bring to your first appointment:
- Insurance card
- Referral forms and co-payments, if required
- All current medications in their original containers
- Copies of pertinent diagnostic tests and medical records
- If you have had cardiology testing at another facility, please have copies of these tests and any other pertinent reports sent to our office prior to your visit
If you have been a patient of a Riverside Medical Group physician, we can access your medical records electronically. If not, and if at all possible, please bring copies of relevant medical records.
If you find that you need to change your appointment, we appreciate notification at least 24 hours before your scheduled visit. A $50 "no show" fee may be charged if you fail to show for an appointment or if you do not give adequate notice when canceling or rescheduling an appointment.
We participate with most major insurance carriers and will bill both primary and secondary insurance plans as a courtesy to our patients. Please check with your insurance company about your particular coverage as participation can change from time to time. The insurance coverage we accept includes:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Private Healthcare Systems
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Health Network
- Virginia Medicaid
As a means of expediting care and increasing patient safety, we store medical records electronically. This highly secure system facilitates fast, clear communication among your physicians and specialists. In the event of an emergency, our physicians have immediate access to your medical history. This information can be critical and sometimes lifesaving in helping to properly diagnose and treat your emergency. Please be assured your personal medical records are confidential, and we will not release information without your permission. Please review Riverside Health System's Privacy Statement for more information.
myHealth eLink - personal electronic medical record access!
During your first appointment and after we have established an electronic medical record to store your health information, you may sign up for myHealth eLink. Through this highly secure, convenient, online communication tool, you can:
- Access your electronic medical record
- Request appointments
- Request prescription refills
- Review immunization records
- Receive test results from your doctor