Welcome to Riverside Child Development and Learning Center. We bring security and peace of mind to the parents whose children we teach and care for on a daily basis. We provide safe, dependable, and loving care for the children or grandchildren of Riverside employees, physicians and their office staff, other staff at approved affiliates, students, and volunteers.
Our Center, operated by Riverside Health System, is licensed by the State of Virginia and located in City Center/Oyster Point, just a few miles from Riverside Regional Medical Center. Several other Riverside offices are also located nearby.
The caregivers at our center are nurturing, loving professionals who are trained in health, safety, and education. We offer developmentally appropriate learning in a stimulating environment that is fun and engaging for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years, or until eligible for Kindergarten. In addition, we are able to offer little extras to keep the children engaged and to assist busy parents, including:
- Theme-based Summer Camp (Pre-K only).
- Offsite and onsite lessons, such as swimming, gymnastics, and/or dance (when available).
- Curriculum Supervisor to assist in ensuring age-appropriate curriculums for all age groups and to perform teacher, child, and overall classroom observations.
- Onsite activities include Tumble Bus and My Healthy Lifestyle wellness programs
- Newsletters and resource materials.
We offer both full-time and drop-in registration options. We also offer Back Up Care for School Age children ages 5 to 8 years old. Back Up Care is offered when schools are closed for holidays, inclement weather and spring break.