The Doctor Is In (Peninsula)
One hour discussions. Lifelong benefits.
Wednesday, August 26, 9 a.m.
John N. Livingstone, M.D.
Riverside Medical Group
Dr.Livingstone will discuss:
"Get Smart about Stroke: The Latest on Stroke Prevention and Treatment"
This free series continues with board-certified neurologist John Livingstone discussing the latest information on stroke including:
- When every second counts: why stroke is a medical emergency
- Personal risk factors - what you can control and what you can't
- Why a comprehensive stroke center offers more options
- Are there lifestyle changes that can help prevent stroke?
The discussion is free, the coffee is free and it's a great opportunity to bring a friend, family member or neighbor and learn more about stroke and advanced treatments that are saving lives and improving outcomes. For more information, call 757-875-7880
Patrick Henry Mall, Food Court
12300 Jefferson Avenue
Newport News, VA 23602
The Doctor is In, Riverside's popular lecture series in Newport News, offers informative discussions on a wide range of health topics for people of all ages. In 2015, lectures will be the last Wednesday of the month in February, April, June, August and October.
Check back here to find out the next topic or sign up for monthly email notifications of The Doctor Is In topics by going to www.riversidehealthdiscussions.com.
Upcoming The Doctor Is In Williamsburg: Focus on Active Living Lectures
- Wednesday, October 7, Dr. Catherine Lintzenich will talk on "Treatment of Voice Disorders."
- Wednesday, October 21, Dr. Doris Quintana will talk on "The Surgeon's Role in Breast Cancer."
- Wednesday, November 11, Dr. Ananthram will talk on "Keys to a Healthier Heart: Good Nutrition, Weight Control and Exercise."